eader

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Planning for Tomorrow

Watering the Garden 06Image by Axel Bührmann via Flickr

Let's start with my today and I promise I'll get to my tomorrow.

Truth be told, I am fighting some kind of a flare-up of my symptoms right now. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I overdid it in the garden on Friday. Then there was dog training on Saturday, with too much standing and not enough sitting. I've been trying to compensate with extra rest yesterday and today, but aggravated whatever is going on with my low back doing the Sunday chores which could not be delayed because Monday is trash day for us.

That's a long-winded way to say that I need to take into account my flare-up as I plan my tomorrow.

I also checked my calendar and I have two appointments this week: Tuesday for my annual mammogram and Wednesday with a new rheumatologist. The good news is that Robert can come with me to my appointment on Tuesday. Going to an appointment with Robert as my companion means that if I get tired, I can ask him to drive home. Having help to fall back on is always nice but not always possible; Wednesday I am on my own.

So with these two facts in mind, I am going to keep tomorrow light. With " keep it simple-simple is sufficient" (KISSIS) in mind, I'm going to list six priorities for tomorrow:
  1. Rest.
  2. Email my activity logs to Meg to continue my consultation with the Workwell Foundation.
  3. Spend 15 minutes on clutter control.
  4. Water my container vegetable garden.
  5. Catch up on my email.
  6. Write my blog post.
Tomorrow I plan to report back on how my plan for Monday worked in addition to developing my to do list for Tuesday.

8/07/09 - ADDENDUM: After a day of pondering, I have decided that a daily priority list is too much for me right now. So instead, this is going to be a weekly priority list. After I reinstate Fulfillment Fridays, where I report on what I have accomplished during the week, I will compose a new weekly priorities list on the following Saturday.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]


Creative Commons License

Like this post? Then please...


Submit it to your favorite social sites.




Share it with PrintFriendly alternatives.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Reply to this post