eader

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Will I Pay Tomorrow for What I Have Done Today?

"The chief difficulty Alice found at firs...Image via Wikipedia


I am totally exhausted and worried. I'm afraid that I have gone outside my energy envelope today with a new addition to my routine that is going to be part of my weekends for the month of August. It is always a bit dangerous when I add something new and novel to my repertoire. I know I should approach new additions with caution, but sometimes even when I think I am being cautious my body doesn't quite see it that way. Harrumph!

Just like Alice in Wonderland, whose main problem was learning to manage her flamingo in Wonderland's crazy rule bending game of croquet, my main challenge is truly mastering staying inside my energy envelope with this crazy acting body I now inhabit. Oh the joys of having a centrally mediated pain syndrome like fibromyalgia ... which is just a fancy way of saying that I have pain because my brain isn't functioning properly at the moment.

I always worry that I am going to suffer tomorrow for spending time outside the my energy envelope today. Try as I might, sometimes I inadvertently disobey the Golden Rule of Chronic Illness: If I pace I can play. If I push I will pay. Fortunately for me, my hubby will be home with me tomorrow and can accompany me to my doctor's appointment in the morning for my annual gynecological exam, where I will get the results of my annual mammogram. If I wake in the morning and it looks like I will pay, at least I have help making it through my day.

Here's to a tomorrow with minimal repercussions from living outside my energy envelope today.


My Reading Suggestion:


I own and have read the book
Fibromyalgia and Other Central Pain Syndromes. While similar to reading a medical journal or textbook, I liked the book because it does present a lot of useful and technical information beyond what most self-help style fibromyalgia books provide.




<span class=


Creative Commons License

Like this post? Then please...


Submit it to your favorite social sites.




Share it with PrintFriendly alternatives.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Reply to this post